Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rain's Skills Part 3

So I'm going to give this idea a try for the coming Thursday game, taking a page out of Fate's book, if you will:

The players will get five Strengths. These have to be defining elements of the character like "I'm a trained warrior," or "I've lived most of my life in the Wild," or "I'm very strong," or "I'm a Wizard."

Hopefully they'll get a little more creative, but you get the idea.

They will also get seven Skills. These have to be more specific. "Sword-fighting," "Spells of Drowning Rain," "Frightening Storytelling," "Stealthy," and so on.

The players can invoke up to three Traits and or Skills to give marks.

I'm a warrior, I'm very strong, and I have the Sword-fighting skill - I'll give the goblin 3 marks of Bleeding.

We'll see how that goes. It give a lot of narrative flexibility but also defines the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment